Saturday, January 3, 2009

I am prolific this morning...

The funny thing about it is that working like a dog at my ingrate job flipped the "on" switch in me. It was in the midst of a 14 hour marathon (for which I will get no benefit aside from the epiphany which I am about to discuss) that I realized that I have the ability to a.) Go above and beyond the unreasonable, myopic, unimaginative, requirements of the sorely unprofessional organization for whom I slave, b.) I can find a comfortable level of mediocrity within the lame establishment, while taking on other endeavors which, heretofore, I mistakenly, thought was more than I can handle. Now I know that I can handle vindictive work assignments, mindless red tape, and self-limiting policies and still help the people that I'm there to help. I would never again sign on to any company to help a soulless entity. People are the heartbeat of companies. Yet most companies are on a high sodium, high fat, high cholesterol, no exercise regimen. To be continued....

No comments: